2.3

I called Benjamin Franklin today after my water heater shot craps yesterday and they caught my attention with a sticker on the front of my Wichita Eagle this morning. The two gentleman arrived on time and conducted themselves in a professional and courteous manner.

However, I was stunned when after informing me that it was a fairly simple and routine installation they then proceeded to tell me that the cost of replacing my water tank was $1800!!! (I had asked the receptionist I spoke to on the phone what the cost might be, but she declined to give even a cursory estimate even though the plumbers who arrived had a laminated pricing chart with them.) I thought this sounded excessive and decided to check around before committing. After calling 3 other reputable plumbers I was quoted a total cost of product and installation ranging from $825 to $925. I'm sure Benjamin Franklin probably does good work, but I can't imagine that they are worth twice what everybody else is charging for the same job.

I would shop around before using their services.

Product or Service Mentioned: Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Installation.

Reason of review: Pricing was deceptive and excessive and resulted in a delay in getting the needed repair at a realistic price.

Preferred solution: I just want to spread the word. People who don't research their options are paying way, way too much..

I didn't like: Double the price of 3 competitors.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 22, 2014.

Comments

They are a freakin joke. Way over priced and THERE "book" pricing is full of ***.

Once they knew we weren't being suckered in they started negotiating.

So much for their "book" pricing. Be AWARE, ANY COMPANY THAT CHARGES A SERVICE FEE FOR A QUOTE IS BASICALLY SAYING PAY ME $60.00 for a 30 minutes way over priced quote!

to Not a fool Corona, California, United States #898340

What happens when you have one or five plumbers driving around all day giving out free quotes and for what ever reason no one accepted the quotes regulated less if they were too high or not? It happens.

Who pays for all the service ing and fuel for the vehicles? FOOD FOR THOUGHT!