Where do I start? I called Benjamin Franklin to install a garbage disposal and check out a potential stoppage in my master bathroom and a tub fixture that was loose.

I left work to meet the plumber (note I don't get paid when I am not at work). He looked at the tub fixture and proceeded to tell me the pipe was too short and that in order attach the fixture properly, he would have to go through my wall! Then he noted the stoppage sounds in the toilet and said "that's not good." He then looked at my disposal and started to call for an installer! I was shocked!

Here I had taken off work just so he could evaluate? I informed him I had to go to back to work and couldn't wait for another plumber to show up. He then told his office to send a guy at 5pm. His quote for the installation of the disposal was $349.

Note I bought my own disposal so that wasn't even in the quote. Then he gave me a quote of $870 for the tub fixture. Needless to say I was shocked and upset that nothing was accomplished. But ok, I came home at 5pm and waited for the next guy.

He finally showed up at 7:00 p.m. And promptly told me he needed materials/tools to install the disposal!! I was totally dumbfounded that 2 plumbers had come and neither could install my disposal!!! Now I have had disposals installed before and they usually do it the first visit.

Then this guy looks at my tub fixture and informs me that there's no issue with the pipe being too short, it just needs a screw to attach it. So we make another appointment for him to show up and install the disposal and snake the toilet and screw the tub fixture on. Mind you, I have now had 2 appointments with no results!! Next day comes and this time 2 guys show up - one to install the disposal and the other to fix the tub fixture and snake my toilet.

By the end of 3 hours, my disposal is installed, tub fixture is now fine but supposedly they have discovered a leak under my house. When they gave me the quote it was over $17,000. I almost threw them out of my house. So I paid the $700 for the disposal installation, tub fixture and snaking/inspection.

Now I find the disposal was not installed correctly and my dishwasher it backing up. Now even I know, that you need to remove the plug in the disposal before you hook it up to the dishwasher!!! My son in law came over and fixed that problem. Stay away from this company!!!

If I could give them no stars I would.

Update - had another plumber come over who turned off my water to my house and found that the leak is from my irrigation system and not my house. Cost to me: $65.00.

Product or Service Mentioned: Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Garbage Disposal Repair.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 12, 2017.

Comments

Roberto2017

These people are bandits. They should be put out of business. They should inform the clients about their prices when people call so that people can explore other options.

I used them several times in the past and the work was high quality but way over priced. They charged me $1200 to install a Laundry sink the already had the plumbing. I'm going to start shopping around in the future.

plumbing4u247_58

biggest scammers in the industry.