1.1
Service Scheduling
Turnaround Time

Reference: Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, (Repair), July 30, 2017 1911 Old Denton Rd.Carrollton, TX.

75006 On April 15, 2016, I called Benjamin Franklin to repair a plumping leak at my home at 2748 Vista Bluff Blvd. in Lewisville, Texas. Mr. Chuck of your company showed up and proceeded to inspect my home in order to locate the leak.

He wanted $585 up front for him to inspect and I gave it to him. After he searched using some sort of leak locating equipment he told me that the leak was located outside the house below the foundation. He located the leak from the center of the entry foyer. I had my doubts about this and told him so.

I suspected that the leak was inside the house along the wall where I first saw water saturation penetrating the floor and walls. But NO he said, He was so sure and cocky that the leak was under the foundation. After digging 23 feet under the foundation Chuck discovered that the leak was not under the foundation after all.. So, he decided to look in the house and finally told me that he was going to have to repair the leak in the house above the inside floor where I had told him it was.

I questioned him about the instruments he had used and how effective were they in detecting plumbing leaks He did not answer me. The detectors apparently did not work very well or I was bamboozled. They refilled the trench but took quite a bit of dirt from it and loaded it onto a trailer and took off with it. Also, they did not properly rebury a mature bush that was next to the house and consequently died.

A day later I noticed some water coming from the area of the of the trench and called Chuck about it. He showed up sometime later, inspected and said that there was another leak next to the original one. At this time, I wondered if he had fixed the wrong one the first time. He then proceeded to repair the second leak.

He suggested that I call the insurance company and claim a second leak. He had full access to the tubing from the first repair and had to cut only one other spacein the dry wall to install the second plastic pipe. This made it a total of five holes in the dry wall. So now I had two plastic lines and three bills to contend with.

The first was $585, the second was $7750 and the third was $4750 for a total of $13,085. I understand consumers are entitled to expect quality service that can be carried out with competent technicians with due care and skill. As you can see from what I have described, the work could not be considered to be of workmanship quality. The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that reasonable care and skill must be used while working in your profession.

In my opinion, Chuck did not use reasonable care and skill when carrying out this mis-calculated work. I called Chuck several times regarding this but never got a call back. Anthony T.

Rallis Sr., 2748 Vista Bluff Blvd.Lewisville, TX 75067, atrallis@gmail.com

Review about: Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Plumbing Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Had an Experience with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

Comments