Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Incompleter service call for snaking out a clogged drain
Had a basement drain backup with "dirty" water.Called them as emergency after hours (a Thursday night).
The plumber who responded was glad to hear there were outside clean-outs between the house & the septic tank. He snaked out the line, collected a hefty check and left. Less than 36 hours later, Saturday morning, when the cleanup crew was in the basement taking out contaminated drywall, flooring, etc. they called to my attention the drain was backing up.
I called Benjamin Franklin. They informed me it was not warrantied because there was a "low spot" in the pipe and wipes had caused the clog. But they could put me on the schedule; for which I would have to pay a service call fee as well as for whatever work they might have to do. They reiterated that their work was not warrantied.
We had to drive into town, rent a snake, spend an hour snaking the pipe out at the clean-outs outside as well as FROM THE DRAIN INSIDE TO THE OUTSIDE CLEAN-OUT. This part the plumber did not bother to do, nor check to see if the drain from the inside was running freely. In a nutshell, the plumber did not finish the job he was contracted to do. On Monday I called Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to tell them I stopped payment on the check and if they had questions to call me.
I heard nothing back until today when I received a call from a collection agency concerning non payment.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing had made no effort, nothing, not a call, not a letter, to attempt to resolve the issue.Not a very good way to do business and *** poor customer service.
Attached is a picture of my "cleared" drain after the first load of laundry.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Plumbing Services
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I worked for Leaffilter North of Michigan. As a ritual every morning the Operations Manager (Rick Mosby) and the installation Manager would sit down and try to figure out..."
- "I would like to join you in a class action against FAHW. The reason being is that they are falsely advertising what they say they cover. I closed on my house..."
- "Having pool tiles removed and new ones placed plus acid wash today and tomorrow at a cost of over $5000. I have MANY pictures where the original tiles never made..."
- "I've purchased several items from TOM. A bracelet which I wear all the time made from onyx/fossil and stainless clasp...it is a beautiful piece, no problems. I bought a ring,..."
- "Do not order anything from this website. The quality is horrible. My item arrived damaged and the customer service agent is refusing to refund my purchase but rather wants me..."
- "The recliner 1608--so hi-leg recliner back is sagging and getting quite uncomfortable. It is less than a year old and very concerned what it will look like and feel like..."
- "I purchased a Levian snake ring. It has white and chocolate diamonds. I have sent it back to Levian 5x for repair due to diamonds randomly falling out of the..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."