Benjamin Franklin Plumbing - Incompleter service call for snaking out a clogged drain
Had a basement drain backup with "dirty" water.Called them as emergency after hours (a Thursday night).
The plumber who responded was glad to hear there were outside clean-outs between the house & the septic tank. He snaked out the line, collected a hefty check and left. Less than 36 hours later, Saturday morning, when the cleanup crew was in the basement taking out contaminated drywall, flooring, etc. they called to my attention the drain was backing up.
I called Benjamin Franklin. They informed me it was not warrantied because there was a "low spot" in the pipe and wipes had caused the clog. But they could put me on the schedule; for which I would have to pay a service call fee as well as for whatever work they might have to do. They reiterated that their work was not warrantied.
We had to drive into town, rent a snake, spend an hour snaking the pipe out at the clean-outs outside as well as FROM THE DRAIN INSIDE TO THE OUTSIDE CLEAN-OUT. This part the plumber did not bother to do, nor check to see if the drain from the inside was running freely. In a nutshell, the plumber did not finish the job he was contracted to do. On Monday I called Benjamin Franklin Plumbing to tell them I stopped payment on the check and if they had questions to call me.
I heard nothing back until today when I received a call from a collection agency concerning non payment.
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing had made no effort, nothing, not a call, not a letter, to attempt to resolve the issue.Not a very good way to do business and *** poor customer service.
Attached is a picture of my "cleared" drain after the first load of laundry.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Plumbing Services
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15 Just like most products, if..."
- "We had Window World install new windows throughout our home in early 2011, choosing them because of the guarantee, price, and advertised energy savings. BIG MISTAKE!! I wish we would..."
- "“The Sterling Group DKI: Poor Workmanship Triggers Mental Anguish for Senior Citizen in Poor Health… On October 22 of 2007, Steven Hartmann owner of The Sterling Group DKI submitted an estimate..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "Do not order anything from this website. The quality is horrible. My item arrived damaged and the customer service agent is refusing to refund my purchase but rather wants me..."
- "I've purchased several items from TOM. A bracelet which I wear all the time made from onyx/fossil and stainless clasp...it is a beautiful piece, no problems. I bought a ring,..."
- "The recliner 1608--so hi-leg recliner back is sagging and getting quite uncomfortable. It is less than a year old and very concerned what it will look like and feel like..."