Do NOT call these people.They are dishonest, misleading, ignorant and unskilled.

We called them to work on our boiler when it quit working. They sent someone out from Candlelight, which is some sort of affiliated company (which they later denied) and he supposedly calibrated the thing and declared it good. About 9 months later the boiler cracked and flooded part of my basement. I called them out again and "Steve" who was their "boiler technician" determined we needed to have the entire cast iron heat exchanger replaced because it cracked due to "overheating." So, first of all, if it was properly calibrated then why was it running too hot?

this was a new boiler only 2 years old at the time. Heat exchangers do not crack randomly. However, we were given a new heat exchanger on warranty and charged $2400 by BF to install it. This whole process took sevral weeks because as it turns out, Steve really didnt know what he was doing and had to keep going to the manufacturer and to his supplier, for help.

He was constantly on the phone with someone asking for direction. I began to become suspicious. Finally, however, he got the thing installed and it appeared to be working fine. This was summer time so we knew we had hot water and I trusted him to test the heat for the house as well.

He did not. We found that out a few months later when it got cold, as it does here in Denver, that we in fact did not have heat for the house. Again Steve was dispatched to our home, always reeking of cigarette smoke. He guessed that a particular pump was not working and needed ot be replaced, but promised if this $750 part did not fix it then he would not charge me.

So he replaced the pump and did not fix the problem. He then stated to me, "I don't know how to work on your boiler. I'm sorry, there's nothing more I can do." then he left. LEFT!

He told me to call Denver Boiler and see if they could help. That place turned out to be a commercial boiler place only, not residential. Thanks for the referral, STEVE. I then happened on the Pasterkamp Boiler repair company.

What a HUGE difference. Very knowledgeable. The sent a boiler expert out who examined the entire installation of the boiler, every connection, from top to bottom. He determined of course there were mistakes made in the installation of the heat exchanger, the number one being the nonworking pump was NOT EVEN HOOKED UP TO ELECTRICITY!

This was the $750 pump that BF replaced. Which, upon suspicion, I looked up on the internet and found the SAME exact pump, model number, etc. for less than $24!!! Pasterkamp confirmed that he could probably pick up the same pump for about $16.00!!!

The BF idiots are CROOKS!

We thought long and hard about a lawsuit, and decided against due to the cost.If you call these people, BEWARE.

Review about: Benjamin Franklin Plumbing Installation.

Had an Experience with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

Comments