I was called by benjamin Franklin plumbing and they offered to do a water heater servicing and a full house plumbing inspection for 20.00,,, they were late to arrive and attempted to reschedule after being 2 hours late???They sent a guy to my home who could not speak English and who had no clue what he was looking at.

He told me that my pipes are ruined by the severely hard water my home town is known for and that all the green Stains around my pipes was caused by my hard water eating through my pipes???? He then told me that I am only days away from a catastrophic collapse of my entire plumbing system and the only way to fix it is with a full house water filtration system and a full house water softener at a cost of 6000.00$!!!!! Well he then started looking at my water heater and I made the mistake of leaving him alone in my basement to answer my phone... I returned to my basement to find the tech packing up his tools..

He reported that the heater was working fine and he left... My water heater started leaking less than 12 hours after he left!!!!!!!! What I did not tell this *** was that my home is less than 7 years old and I built from the ground up and that we were on a private water supply in our private community??? He was a liar!!!!

I called them back and they sent the same *** back and he denied vandalizing my heater and then tried to sell me a new one at a outragouse price??? This was a scam and it was complete set up!!! I had the heater replaced and the plumber I trusted found a nail size hole in the bottom of my 6 year old heater and he agreed it was vandalism... I called this idiots boss Chris at 303 687 5309 and he said " we did you a favor by telling you about your hard water" when I informed this *** about our water supply and the suspected he became verbally abusive and threatening???

i was forced to call the police and file a report of vandilism against the Russian *** they sent to my house?????

I will never use this company again and the police have an open investigation into this plumbers actions!!!!NEVER let this company in your house!!!!!!

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Benjamin Franklin Plumbing?

Comments

Gotta watch these types..lesson learned I guess.

1.) NEVER leave a service person unattended, even if you don't know what they are doing.

2.) If something looks dodgy, chances are it probably is ask them: "So what is that you are doing now?

what is that for?"

3.) If you are told something such as "those green stains are from hard water eating thru pipes" get them to explain how, get them to show you evidence of this.

4.) Second opinion is always great if you can afford it for expensive jobs, quotes are normally free or a tiny fraction of the cost, don't tell the 2nd guy you had the 1st in and tell the 1st there will be a 2nd..the 1st is likely to be honest and the 2nd will aide you in confirming this.